Thursday, November 7, 2013

Making Time

So, I had gotten away from my daily meditation after starting a new job by telling myself that I just didn't have the time and energy to do this. Then, last week, my car died. Suddenly, I was back to taking the bus and killing 2 1/2 hours of my day riding on or waiting for buses. So I got out my ipod, loaded up my favorite meditation tracks, and listened as I rode to work. I found that my headphones drowned out the world enough that I could settle back into my seat and on one leg of my trip had enough time in the bus to listen to my favorite meditation track. I also found that almost immediately the things that were beginning to wear on me no longer seemed to have the same impact, for I felt more centered and able to focus my energy on the places that it needed to go. I felt less drained. I don't get crap for sleep these days which needs to change, but I feel more able to deal with the sleep deprivation because I feel more centered.
I must make this happen daily. No matter what, in the morning I need to take that 30-45 minutes to get balanced for the day. There's a significant enough difference between when I do it and when I skip it that it obviously just needs to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment